Hi Everyone: I'm not leaving the state this summer, but I'm traveling! This is my seventh season as a park ranger for the North Cascades National Park. Each year I do some amazing patrols and last weekend I did my first climbing patrol. I summited my first North Cascades peak, Mount Shuksan, all nine thousand one hundred and twenty-seven feet of her! I'm not really a climber, at least I wasn't until last week, but I was accompanied by my collegue, Erin, who is a climbing ranger, a patient and compassionate coach and teacher with lots of experience and heart. And for good measure, she's also an EMT (emergency medical technician).
The first photo is taken from the approach route and the second is from our camp on the Sulphide glacier. In the third photo, Shuksan is the black peak in the middle. The fourth is a closer view of Shuksan.


No comments:
Post a Comment