Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"On Patrol" up Thunder Creek

Yesterday our travel was pretty close to home, home in the North Cascades anyway. Lin had a day patrol and I got to "volunteer" and go with her. It was soggy and spectacularly green. A truly northwest spring hike! The calypso orchid, bridal veil fern, morel mushroom, and trillium were all sights I discovered while wandering very slowly with my camera. I'm sure they have been there before but this time I really slowed down enough to "see" them. Such sweet small pleasures. Steffany
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

skrapyram said...

Great photos! Love the lupines. Glad the garden is finally coming along. Spring is very late here in northern MN as well.

Linda Reeder said...

Wow! What gorgeous photos! I love the green of NW spring. the flowers are icing on the cake!
Stef, check out my activity on my blog.
Linda