Savoring
Sun on my back
Sparkling water on my left
River rocks piled to my right
My sweetie before me.
I breathe in this tranquil scene
Take it deep into my lungs, my soul
Fill up on the last of the butterflies, the golden leaves,
the gurgling sun-drenched water sounds,
the tall green trees against blue blue sky
this exquisite mix of joy and sadness that is autumn.
Open my heart to it all.Sun on my back
Sparkling water on my left
River rocks piled to my right
My sweetie before me.
I breathe in this tranquil sceneTake it deep into my lungs, my soul
Fill up on the last of the butterflies, the golden leaves,
the gurgling sun-drenched water sounds,
the tall green trees against blue blue sky
this exquisite mix of joy and sadness that is autumn.
Anchor it, photograph it with my whole body
so that on some future dark day I might retrieve it
as a reminder of this connection
this renewal
available to me from the earth.




No comments:
Post a Comment