Hi Everyone: We are home in Marblemount as of an hour ago. I'm passing on the gist of the blog that never got posted. The computer we borrowed from the hotel went to sleep as I was guiding the pointer down to the "publish post" area. This is from April 13th:
Bon jour my friends. I've found my way on to a French keyboard. This is what that sentence would look like if I didn't hunt and peck: i hqve rounz ;y sqy onto q . . . You get the picture. It was really cool, but very slow. I am having a fabulous time. Yesterday morning (April 12) I took myself out for a little run around Champ de Mars (shahn duh mar) which is this huge park/rectangle in fron of la Tour Eiffel. At first it was just us Americans jogging, but a bit later, around nine, we were jointed by the French. Still, there were never more than a dozen of us out there. Exercise is not (I cannoth find the apostrophe to save my soul) a big deal here. I am not sure hiking is either. Out in the countryside a couple of the taxi drivers who dropped us off at trailheads looked for all the world like they desperately wanted to save us from ourselves! We managed to have great hikes in spite of heavy rains and a few misguided directions. Well, I have to pack for our trip home. I am looking forward to talking your ears off or writing many blogs about this sepctacular trip.
Au revoir,
Lin
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment