






As many of you know, the trip was about art for me. Monet is my very favorite artist. When I had been in Paris nearly 30 years ago the huge waterlilies were not on display. This time they were in a newly remodeled L'Orangerie (remodeled to give them natural light). There are four in each of two huge oval rooms. They are incredible! The whole trip was worthwhile because of seeing them. We went twice in our first few days in Paris.
Later we went to the Musee Marmottan (a museum dedicated to Monet's art) and then to Giverny (where the gardens are that Monet painted). To see the light and the clouds on the water that he had painted was breath-taking. Even though the waterlilies were not in bloom, I could see why he would have painted these ponds over and over and over.
So, this business of posting pictures isn't working exactly how I thought it would. The pictures at Giverny are at the top, where I thought the paintings from L'Orangerie would be, but you get the idea.
I loved it all! Stef

1 comment:
I'm having fun looking through your blog. We were at Giverny May 1st. Those pink tulips in front of the house were in full bloom. The wisteria on the Japanese bridge was beginning to bloom.
We loved the Orangerie and the Marmotton museums too, and fell in love with Monet.
We also could have used help with eating in Paris. Menu translation is sketchy at best and my little language book wasn't much help.
I'm impressed that you've already been to CA since your trip to France! We have been to Whidbey Island.
Jill and the grandkids arrive next Friday for three weeks, so our schedule will fill up with their activities.
Post a Comment